Specialist In-Patient Unit
Our role in the Specialist In-Patient Unit at Milford is to ensure that we provide care which helps you and your family manage your condition and any treatment of it. We aim to maximise the benefits of treatment and to help you live as well as possible with the effects of your illness.
- Spacious and purpose built, we can accommodate 28 patients in single and 4-bed rooms
- Each bedroom has en-suite bathroom, multi channel TV and call bell facilities.
- Quiet rooms, sitting rooms and oratory for visiting family and friends
- Restaurant available 8.30 - 4.30 Monday to Sunday
- Light Refreshments available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Mass each morning
- Full range of clinical and holistic services
Admission to the Unit may be organised for you following an assessment from your GP, Hospital Consultant or Senior Nurse. An admission may be considered in order to:
- Help get difficult symptoms under control enabling you to return home feeling more comfortable (pain management)
- Rehabilitation to enable you to continue to live independently
- Respite care to enable those close to you have a break
- Care as your illness progresses/advances towards the end of life.
Some further information is available on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Please feel free to ring us on 061 485 800 if you require further information.