10th March, 2020
14th May, 2020
15th September, 2020
24th November, 2020
8.30a.m. – 4.30p.m.
Eligible to attend:
This aim of this study day is to provide Registered Nurses with the necessary theoretical and practical components of intravenous drug administration.
On successful completion of this study day participants will be able to:
- Identify key issues in relation to the scope of practice in nursing
- Summarise the main principles of an intravenous administration policy
- Describe the infection control and pharmacological principles in relation to IV therapy
- Demonstrate competence in calculations associated with IV medication administration
- Identify the procedure involved in administering a bolus, intermittent and continuous administration intravenously
- Outline the procedure involved in completing the IV Competency Record Form
4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) approved by An Bord Altranais agus Cnaimhseachais na hEireann (The Nurse and Midwifery Board of Ireland)