12th March 2020
9.00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Eligible to attend:
Registered Nurses, Doctors and Pharmacists
The aim of this course is to provide Registered Nurses, Doctors and Pharmacists with up-to-date knowledge and evidence based practice in the guiding principles of Medication Management specifically in relation to medicines used in palliative care
After attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the guiding principles of Legislation and key principles on Medication Management.
- Outline health care professional’s responsibilities?
- Apply the principles of Medication Management in an effective, safe and ethical way in a Health care Setting
- Outline Medication Management in the Residential Care Setting-HIQA Standards
- Understand guidelines from the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (PSI) for medication management
- Identify commonly used medications in palliative care
6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) being sought from An Bord Altranais agus Cnaimhseachais na hEireann (The Nurse and Midwifery Board of Ireland). Qualifies for CPD with IIOP.