5th February, 2020
06th October, 2020
8.30a.m. – 4.30p.m.
Eligible to attend:
The aim of this workshop is to provide the nurse with up to date evidence based knowledge, skills and competencies to safely and successfully carry out Venepuncture & Peripheral IV Cannulation for adult patients.
Prerequisite of attendance:
Nurses wishing to attend this programme should review the presentations prior to attendance. Please ensure to include your email address on your course application prior to attendance so presentations for the session can be forwarded to you in advance of the programme for review and printing.
On successful completion of the day participants will be able to:
- Identify key issues in relation to the scope of practice in performing Venepuncture &Peripheral Intravenous Cannulation
- Outline indications for Venepuncture & Peripheral Intravenous Cannulation
- Identify anatomical structures and appropriate choice of sites applicable to Venepuncture &Peripheral Intravenous Cannulation
- Describe the infection control and health and safety principles in relation to the safe clinical practice of Venepuncture and Peripheral Intravenous Cannulation
- Identify the procedure and practitioners role in Venepuncture and Peripheral Intravenous Cannulation
- Have knowledge on the management of problems and potential complications
- Demonstrate their skill using a safe and effective technique in Venepuncture and Peripheral Intravenous Cannulation using training arms
- procedure involved in completing Venepuncture and Peripheral Intravenous Cannulation Competency Record Form
Please ensure that you can complete your competency requirement in a clinical setting following the clinical skill study day.
7 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) approved by An Bord Altranais Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann (The Nurse and Midwifery Board of Ireland)