09th April, 2020
8.30a.m. – 4.30p.m
Eligible to attend:
The aim of this programme is to provide the nurse with up to date evidence based knowledge, skills and competencies to safely and successfully carry out Venepuncture in adult patients.
Prerequisite of attendance:
Nurses wishing to attend this programme should review the presentations prior to attendance. Please ensure to include your email address on your course application prior to attendance so presentations for the session can be forwarded to you in advance of the programme for review and printing.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify key issues in relation to the scope of practice in performing Venepuncture
- Identify anatomical structures and appropriate choice of sites applicable to Venepuncture
- Describe the infection control and health and safety principles in relation to the safe clinical practice of Venepuncture
- Identify the procedure and practitioner’s role in Venepuncture as supported by the HSE National Framework guidelines
- Have knowledge on the management of problems and potential complications
- Demonstrate their skill using a safe and effective technique in Venepuncture on the training arms
- Outline the procedure involved in completing Venepuncture Competency Record Form.
Please ensure that you can complete your competency requirement in a clinical setting following the clinical skill study day.
8.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) approved by An Bord Altranais Cnáimhseachais Na hÉireann (The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland)