Dr Martina O'Reilly, Head of Education, Research and Quality
- O’Reilly M, Conroy M, Larkin P, Meagher D, (2014) Concordance between clinician and patient severity ratings of palliative care symptoms: an evaluation of an admission assessment. Poster Presentation: 8th World Research Congress of the European Association for Palliative Care (EAPC)
- Carney, J., O’Reilly, M. (2014) “Audit of Referrals to a Specialist Palliative Care Unit – Identifying Areas for Improvement”, National Institute for Health Sciences Research Bulletin, 7(2):71.
- Jezewska U., O’Reilly, M., Conroy, M. (2015) “Written Communication – An Audit of Patient Healthcare Documentation in a Hospice Setting”, National Institute for Health Sciences Research Bulletin, 7(2):70.
- O Reilly M, Conroy M, Larkin P, Meagher D, “How Much Does This Illness Seem Senseless and Meaningless?” Learning Gained from Interviews with Hospice Patients Poster Presentation, 3rd International Conference on Public Health and Palliative Care, Limerick 25th-27th April 2013
- O Reilly, M., Conroy, M., McArthur, C & McLoughlin, K. Rhatigan, J. Moran, S. (2011) Evaluation of Carer satisfaction with the inpatient Unit? Poster Presentation, Irish Association Palliative Care (IAPC) education and research study day
- Fleming M, O’Reilly M and Conroy, M. (2011) Review of Medication Prescription and Administration in the Specialist Palliative Care Unit, National Institute of Health Sciences, Research Bulletin, (6) 2 14-15
Tel: 061 485881. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Breda Trimble, Nurse Tutor
- Jackson, K. Trimble, B. (2013). Education in Palliative Care Series – Palliative Care Nurse Tutor Role
- Available at: http://www.ehospice.com/default.aspx?tabid-7342&ArticleId-544 (Accessed 28 June 2013)
- Jackson, K. Trimble, B. (2013) European Certificate in Essential Palliative Care.
- Available at: http://www.ehospice.com/default.aspx?tabid-7343&ArticleId-5442 (Accessed 1 July 2013).
- National Institute of Health Sciences Research Bulletin (2007). Staff Nurses Experiences of Delivering Palliative Care in General Hospital. St. Camillsus Hospital Limerick.
- National Institute of Health Sciences Research Bulletin (2008). Wound Care Practices and Procedures in a Health Care Facility: A Comparative Study.
- Irish Association for Palliative Care News. Autumn (2010). Developing Cultural Competence. The Milford Care Centre Experience. IAPC.
- An Evaluation of the Impact of a Palliative Care Programme for Health Care Assistants (2011) (Pending).
Tel: 061 201 718. Email: email@example.com Breda is available Monday – Thursday.
Annamarie Moore, Education Coordinator/Nurse Tutor
Currently, Annamarie is working as a Nurse Tutor specialising in palliative and end of life care, gerontology and care skills education for healthcare professionals. She has previous teaching experience in Lauralynn Ireland Children’s Hospice in paediatric palliative care, the School of Nursing and Midwifery at the University of Limerick- undergraduate programmes, the Centre of Nurse and Midwifery Education teaching general and midwifery nursing, care skills and Fetac level 5 programmes – both general and midwifery modules and as the Clinical Placement Coordinator/Practice Development Facilitator in Milford Care Centre. She is very interested in all areas of palliative care education, palliative care for neonates, developing e learning and dementia programmes. She continues to engage and contribute to nursing research with articles for publication and has presented at many conferences nationally.
- Moore, A., Higgins, A. and Sharek. D, (2013) Barriers and facilitators for oncology nurses discussing sexual issues with men diagnosed with testicular cancer. European Journal of Oncology Nursing 17 (4): 416-422.
- Connaire K, Cooley MC, Hayden D, Larkin P, Lynch G, McDonnell S,McLoughlin K, Moore AM, Smullen H,Sweeney B, Ui Dhuibhir P.(2011). A Resource Pack for End of Life Care Link and Associate Nurses: Pilot. Dublin: St. Francis Hospice.
- Moore A. and Higgins A. (2009) “Testicular Cancer: Addressing the Psychosexual Issues”. British Journal of Nursing.18 (19): 1182-1186.
- Moore A. (2009) “An Investigation into the Barriers and Facilitators to Oncology Nurses Discussing Sexuality Concerns with Men Diagnosed with Testicular Cancer”, National Institute of Health Sciences –Research Bulletin 5 (1): 37-38.
- Moore A. (2009) “Sexuality and Testicular Cancer”, Cancer Nursing News, Spring 10th Edition: 3
- Harold P.Woulfe, B. Walsh, A. Moore, A. Quinlan, A. and S, Donnelly (2003) “Research in Progress –Palliative Medicine: Review of symptoms in 141 Patients Referred to Palliative Medicine in the Mid Western Regional hospital, Limerick” National Institute of Health Sciences –Research Bulletin 2 (1):59-60
Tel: 061 201714. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Annamarie is available Monday-Friday.
Joanne Callinan, Librarian
- Callinan J, Balanda K, Bradley L, (2013) How to increase access to research on death, dying and loss? Poster Presentation 3rd International Conference on Public Health and Palliative Care, Limerick 25th-27th April 2013.
- Callinan J, McLoughlin K, Rhatigan J, Richardson M. (2013) Evaluation of a bibliotherapy service for bereavement support. Oral Presentation 3rd International Conference on Public Health and Palliative Care, Limerick, 25th-27th April 2013.
- Callinan J, Balanda K & Bradley L (2013) Supporting Open Access to Health Knowledge Resources across Ireland: Linking with NECOBELAC, An Leabharlann, 22(1):30-32.
- Callinan J, McLoughlin K, Rhatigan J, Richardson M (2013) Attitudes and experiences towards setting up a bibliotherapy ser vice for the bereavement support service, National Institure for Health Sciences Research Bulletin, 6(4):53.
- Callinan J, (2011) Attitudes and experiences towards setting up a bibliotherapy service for the bereavement support service. Oral presentation at Best Posters Session at EAHIL Conference, Istanbul, Turkey. http://eahil2011.ku.edu.tr/poster
- Callinan J, McLoughlin K, McCarthy P (2010) Analysis of library associated information needs of staff in a specialist palliative and gerontological care centre in Mid-West Ireland. Health Information & Libraries Journal, 27(4): 286-294.
- Callinan JE, Clarke A, Doherty K, Kelleher C. Legislative smoking bans for reducing secondhand smoke exposure, smoking prevalence and tobacco consumption. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2010, Issue 4. Art. No.: CD005992. DOI:10.1002/14651858.CD005992.pub2.
- http://www.mrw.interscience.wiley.com/cochrane/clsysrev/articles/CD005992/pdf fs.html
- Joanne Ni Challanain, Bernard Barrett & McCarthy F (2007) Health Information Professionals: Roles, Skillset and Barriers to Involvement in the Cochrane Process. Conference Proceeding, EAHIL 2007. Oral Presentation and paper presented at the European Association of Health Information and Libraries Conference, KraKow, Poland, 12th-15th September 2007.
- http://www.eahil.net/conferences/krakow 2007/www.bm.cmuj-krakow.pl/eahil/proceedings/oral/NI%20Challanain%20i%20Barrett.pdf
- Callinan J. & Barrett B, Oral Presentation “Framing questions, discerning clues, sifting the evidence: why and how Librarians can adopt the principles of Evidence-Based Practice. CILIP / Library Association of Ireland Annual Joint Conference. Portlaoise. April 26th 2007.
- Callinan J, Barrett B (2006) Contributions made by Librarians to the Cochrane Collaboration in Ireland. Poster Presentation: Cochrane Collaboration in Ireland Conference, February 2006, Dublin City University.
- Callinan, JE (2005) Information-seeking behaviour of undergraduate biology students: A comparative analysis of first year and final year students in University College Dublin. Library Review, 54(2): 86 – 99.
Research and Quality Department:
Caroline Carey, Risk Management and Safety Officer
Caroline then completed the Diploma in Health, Safety and Welfare at Work at University of Limerick, and has worked in this area for the last number of years. Caroline is a qualified Manual Handling Instructor and MAPA (Management of Actual and Potential Aggression) Instructor.
October 2014: Difficult End of Life Symptoms. Oral presentation. INMO 9th Annual Telephone Triage Nursing Conference, Portlaoise
April 2012: From Home to Hospice: Challenges of Practice. Oral Presentation. 8th Annual Cephalon Symposium for specialist palliative care professionals, Dublin.
October 2011: The Management of Gastro Intestinal Symptoms. Oral Presentation. INMO 7th Annual Telephone Triage Nursing Conference, Castletroy, Limerick.
February 2009: A descriptive survey to assess the palliative care knowledge of generalist public health nurses in the Midwest region of Ireland. Oral presentation. IAPC Education & Research Seminar, Dublin.
May 2006: A survey of nurses’ assessment of constipation. Poster presentation. 4th Research Forum of the European Association of Palliative Care, Aachen, Germany.
May 2004: An evaluation of a five day palliative care course for Registered Nurses using the palliative care quiz for nurses. Poster presentation, 3rd Research Forum of the European Association of Palliative Care, Stresa, Italy.
April 2004: Death and Dying. Oral Presentation. National Conference of The Samaritans, Marino Institute, Dublin.
Smyth, H. (2004).Oxford Textbook of Palliative Medicine. International Journal of Palliative Nursing.
Smyth, H. (2004). Hastening at the end of life. The Irish Times, 24th June.
Geraldine is a full time education adminstrator. Geraldine co-ordinates all course bookings and is the link person for external organisations seeking to hire the education venue. Contact Geraldine via email at email@example.com or call 061 485 841.
Lisa is a part-time education secretary who also works as administrator on the European Certificate in Essential Palliative Care and the European Certificate in Holistic Dementia Care programmes. Lisa works on Tuesday, Wednesday and every second Thursday. Contact Lisa via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 061 485 863.