- We provide a clean, comfortable and safe environment
- We treat our patients with respect, and compassion
- We support individual needs and abilities
- We provide timely and appropriate collaboration, communication and consultation with you and your family in order to assess, plan and implement your care
- We encourage you to maintain your links with carers and friends
- We encourage integration through social activity and will support you at your pace
- Your GP will continue to be your primary carer
- We will respect and encourage your spiritual, religious and cultural beliefs
- We practise evidence based care
- We adhere to regulations and quality standards in order to provide a safe environment
- We consider caring for you or a member of your family a privilege
- We encourage feedback
- We practise continuous improvement.
What makes Milford Nursing Home unique?
What should I bring with me?
- Dressing gown
- Night clothes
- Day clothes
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap)
- Personal items – photos, books, and mementos – should you wish. You can ask the nursing staff if you have any questions on this
- As much as possible try and leave your valuables at home as we cannot accept liability for loss or damage.
Can my family and friends visit me?
Unfortunately, visiting restrictions are in place due to COVID-19. These restrictions are for the protection of residents and staff.
Please see the banner on the Home page for information on current visiting arrangements.
How can I arrange admission to Milford Nursing Home?
- For admission requests please contact the Director of Nursing or her deputy on 061 485800.
- Their office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm.
- Prior to admission we will try and arrange a tour of the Home and facilities, if you wish.
What is the cost?
- We are a voluntary nursing home registered by HIQA.
- Costs will be discussed with you, or your representative, prior to your admission.
How do I pay the bill?
Residents will be invoiced on the 1st of each month for the previous month.