- We provide a clean, comfortable and safe environment
- We treat our patients with respect, and compassion
- We support individual needs and abilities
- We provide timely and appropriate collaboration, communication and consultation with you and your family in order to assess, plan and implement your care
- We encourage you to maintain your links with carers and friends
- We encourage integration through social activity and will support you at your pace
- Your GP will continue to be your primary carer
- We will respect and encourage your spiritual, religious and cultural beliefs
- We practise evidence based care
- We adhere to regulations and quality standards in order to provide a safe environment
- We consider caring for you or a member of your family a privilege
- We encourage feedback
- We practise continuous improvement.
What makes Milford Nursing Home unique?
What should I bring with me?
- Dressing gown
- Night clothes
- Day clothes
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap)
- Personal items – photos, books, and mementos – should you wish. You can ask the nursing staff if you have any questions on this
- As much as possible try and leave your valuables at home as we cannot accept liability for loss or damage.
Can my family and friends visit me?
Yes. We encourage visitors, and have flexible visiting hours during the day:
- We respectfully request that visitors leave before 9.30pm in order to facilitate rest and sleep of our residents
- Lunchtime in the dining room is reserved for residents only, so please do not visit during this time
- We ask that the privacy of other patients is respected, especially in shared rooms, and would ask that the number of visitors is limited to 2 or 3 at any one time. We have communal sitting areas available for family and friends.
- If you wish to have restricted visiting to allow you some quiet time, please speak to one of our nursing staff who would be happy to arrange this.
- Children are welcome to visit our facility but we ask that they are supervised by an adult at all times.
- In most cases your pets are welcome to visit too. Please speak to one of our nursing staff if you have any questions regarding this.
- To avoid bringing infection into Milford we kindly ask that people do not visit if they are suffering from colds or flu symptoms, or any infection. Please speak to one of our nursing staff if you have questions about this.
You may also wish to have a trip home, a meal out or a change of scenery.
If visitors wish to bring a gift we ask that they check with a member of staff who will assist with a suggestion for worthwhile and relevant gifts.
How can I arrange admission to Milford Nursing Home?
- For admission requests please contact the Director of Nursing or her deputy on 061 485800.
- Their office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm.
- Prior to admission we will try and arrange a tour of the Home and facilities, if you wish.
What is the cost?
- We are a voluntary nursing home registered by HIQA.
- Costs will be discussed with you, or your representative, prior to your admission.
How do I pay the bill?
Residents will be invoiced on the 1st of each month for the previous month.
Will the Government pay for any nursing home costs?
- As part of the ‘Fair Deal’ the Government may cover up to 80% of Nursing Home costs.
- Please see here for more details on the Fair Deal Scheme.