Milford Care Centre is located in Castletroy, which is to the east of the city. The campus is next door to the University of Limerick’s main entrance which is marked by two very high flagpoles. See https://goo.gl/maps/9JUoz4yJoC32 for Google map.
Coming from Dublin
- Take Exit 28 from the motorway and follow the R445 towards Limerick, taking the 3rd exit off the roundabout
- Continue towards the city, passing Annacotty on your left shortly after the roundabout
- Go straight through the Kilmurry roundabout (service station on your left just before that roundabout)
- At the traffic lights, turn right, through a small roundabout and take a left turn at the “T” junction
- Milford Care Centre is on your right, just before the University of Limerick’s two very high flagpoles.
Coming from Limerick
- Follow the R445 out of the city towards Dublin
- Go straight through the Parkway roundabout
- At the next roundabout (Groody) take the first exit
- Go through the traffic lights and Milford Care Centre is on your left just after the University of Limerick’s two very high flagpoles.
Coming from the South East
- Follow the N24 (Tipperary/Waterford road) to where it crosses over the M20 motorway – go straight through the traffic lights at that point.
- At the roundabout take the 4th exit
- Follow that road, through a number of small roundabouts, until you reach the Groody roundabout
- Take the second exit off the roundabout and Milford Care Centre is on your left just after the University of Limerick’s two very high flagpoles.
Using Public Transport
A handy guide to transport to and around Limerick may be found at http://www.limerick.ie/visiting/visitorinformation/gettinghere
- Iarnrod Eireann (Irish Rail) http://www.irishrail.ie/ and Bus Eireann http://www.buseireann.ie have a number of regional services running into Limerick City’s Railway Station.
- Dublin Coach dublincoach.ie travels between Dublin, Limerick, Ennis, Tralee and Killarney. It stops at the University of Limerick which is next door to Milford Care Centre.
- Eireagle eireagle.com runs a direct Dublin Airport – Limerick service which has a drop off point approximately 1.2 km or 20 minutes walk from Milford Care Centre.
- JJ Kavanagh & Sons jjkavanagh.ie runs a Shannon Airport – Limerick – Dublin Airport route that stops at the University of Limerick.
- Bus Eireann Route 304 leaves University of Limerick and travels to Raheen, via city centre. It runs every 15 minutes from 07:00 ’till late. (see timetable)
- Bus Eireann Route 304A leaves Raheen and travels to University of Limerick via William Street. It runs from 7:10 am ’till late. (see timetable)
- Full details of Limerick City Bus Routes are available at
- There are a number of Taxi Services operating in the city – see https://www.limerick.ie/visiting/visitorinformation/gettingaround/taxi for further information
Further information on local services in our area can be had on our Facilities section.