Milford Care Centre sets out the following Donor Charter to assure its current and prospective donors can have full confidence in all aspects of the way we run our organisation. We strive to live our core values – Justice, Compassion, Respect, Communication and Accountability.
Our promise is to treat all donors with respect, honesty and openness and we are truly grateful for the continuous support we receive from communities throughout the Mid-West region. We will ensure we are fully accountable and transparent in all areas so that all donors have full confidence in the services provided and our fundraising practices.
To ensure we meet our commitment to our donors Milford Care Centre will:
- Comply with the “Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public” as developed by the Charities Regulator.
- Treat all donors with respect, care, honesty and openness.
- Respect donors right to privacy and comply with laws relating to use of personal data and fundraising best practice.
- Our fundraisers and volunteers will observe the highest professional standards at all times.
- Ensure our communication with you is honest and transparent.
- Handle your donation responsibly, wisely and for the appeal it was intended.
- Remove your details from our database upon request.
- Make freely accessible information about those sitting on the Board and that the Board, as Trustees, will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- will receive a prompt acknowledgement / receipt of donations. (Please note, this is not possible if sufficient contact details are not received)
- will be handled responsibly and to the greatest benefit to the beneficiary.
- will, where applicable, tax relief on donations will be claimed.
- we will ensure we are accountable and transparent in every facet of our fundraising activities. Full financial records will be kept to ensure accountability and tracking.
- we will provide donors with access to procedures for making and responding to complaints: Fundraising Complaints Procedure
- we are audited annually by independent auditors. Milford Care Centre fully meets its obligation of filing annual returns as prescribed by Company Law. We prepare our financial statements in accordance with FRS102 and the Charities Statement of Recommended Practice. More information on Charity SORP
- we hold an Annual General Meeting where there is full reporting of our programme of fundraising activities and full accounting on where funds have been expended.
Milford Care Centre is committed as follows:
- In our fundraising activities, we will endeavour to adhere to best sector practice
- seek to minimise costs relating to fundraising activities
- We will seek to maximise the value of public donations by applying for, where applicable, matching funding from official funding bodies such as Irish Government Agencies and the European Union
- Give truthful and forthright answers to questions and queries you might have about fundraising or the organisation
- Adhere to the “Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public” as developed by the Charities Regulator.
- In compliance with Data Protection legislation ensure all donations are handled confidentially and with respect and that donors wishes are adhered to.
Our registered Charities Regulatory Authority number is 20038113
Our registered Revenue Charitable Exemption number is CHY12761
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the Donor Charter or other matters concerning our fundraising activities, please contact Fundraising Department on 061 485860 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org