19th March, 2020
16th November, 2020
1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
1st Floor Education Department Seminar Room 1
Eligible to Attend:
There is no Fee
Lorraine Dolan (SAGE, Support & Advocacy Service, Ireland)
The ADM (Capacity) Act 2015 – passed into law in December 2015 – will strengthen the rights of all individuals but it will have particular relevance for people with intellectual disabilities, older people with diminished capacity or dementia, and people whose capacity has been affected by traumatic injury (www.sage.ie).
These briefing sessions aim to provide healthcare professionals with essential information regarding the act and how it may impact on future care provision.
Briefing Session Contents:
- Human rights origins of the legislation.
- Capacity Models
- The Present Position – wards of court
- Assisted Decision Making (Capacity) Act (2015)
- The Decision Support Sequence
- Planning ahead, Enduring Powers of Attorney and Advanced Healthcare Directives
- Decision Making Representative, Co-Decision Making Agreement, Decision Making Assistant Agreement, Decision Making Assistant and Co-Decision Maker
- Decision Support Service
Accreditation / CPD: A certificate of attendance will be provided.