Complementary Therapy is gentle, non-invasive and therapeutic approach to health and wellbeing of your mind, body and spirit. Our therapists will meet you and give you a complete explanation on Complementary Therapy and then carry out a full assessment. Using a variety of techniques, we will help to provide soothing relaxation and give you support in a warm, safe and confidential space. We will work with you and your families to provide support and advice.
- Specialist Palliative Care Inpatients Unit
- Older Adult Day Care
- Specialist Palliative Day Care
- Nursing Home
Benefits of Complementary Therapy:
- Well being and relaxation
- Minimise anxiety and reduce stress
- Improve self esteem
- Reduce muscle tension
- Alleviate aches and discomfort
- Improve circulation
- Help with constipation
- Help with insomnia and fatigue
- Improve skin conditions.
The services we offer:
- Aromatherapy: Using natural concentrated oils through massage or inhalation. Using differing properties of plants known for centuries to heal, relax and rejuvenate. Oils are specifically chosen in order to suit your individual requirements
- Massage: Gentle touch often combined with aromatic oils. Massage can be directly on the skin or through clothing if you wish
- Reflexology: Specialised form of foot massage used to restore and balance all the systems in the body
- Indian Head Massage: Massage of shoulders, neck, head and face – provides relaxation and rejuvenation
- Beauty Therapy: We offer manicures, facials, make up and skin advice, foot spas and pedicures. This is available to all patients who use our Nursing Home and Hospice.
How do I see a Complementary Therapist?
You can contact us through:
- Specialist Inpatient Unit
- Nursing Home
- Day Care
Just ask any member of staff and they will be happy to contact us for you.