Music Therapy is a method used to support and help you deal with emotional, psychological, and social life issues. One of our music therapists will meet with you and develop a music based activity plan to address your specific needs. Therapy is available either individually or in a group.
You do not need any music skills to participate
- In managing pain, anxiety and stress.
- Aids sleep.
- Emotional support.
- Alleviates depression.
- Increases social interaction.
- Improves communication.
- Increases creativity.
- Enhances self esteem.
- Provides a vehicle for self-expression
- Provide time for reflection and reminiscence.
- Maintains personal interests and hobbies
- Supports towards the end of life
Relaxation groups, Time to Unwind sessions, Reminiscence Therapy, and the Therapeutic Choir. More detailed information about our groups can be found on display outside the music therapy room.
How do I see a Music Therapist?
We would love you to become involved and enjoy the benefits of Music Therapy. Ask any member of our staff to refer you to the Music Therapist or request to meet with one yourself.