Specialist Palliative Medical Outpatient Clinics
The Specialist Palliative Medical Outpatient Clinics at Milford Care Centre provide specialist assessment for patients with cancer or other life-limiting illness where complex symptoms and/or other concerns have been identified.
Outpatient Clinics take place at:
- Milford Care Centre every Wednesday afternoon and alternate Thursday afternoons
- Mid Western Cancer Centre, University Hospital Limerick every Tuesday afternoon
Referral Criteria for the Specialist Palliative Medical Outpatient Clinic
- Referrals are accepted for patients with a diagnosis of an advanced, progressive, life-limiting illness who have complex, palliative medical needs requiring review by a Consultant in Palliative Medicine.
How to refer to the Specialist Palliative Medical Outpatient Clinic
- Referrals from Hospital Consultants or General Practitioners may be made by completing the National Specialist Palliative Care referral form. You can also find the form by clicking the Make a Referral option on the Top Menu of this Site.In addition, a formal referral letter may be sent to one of the Consultants in Palliative Medicine.
- Referrals can also be made by a member of the Milford Specialist Palliative Care team.
For further information please contact Milford Care Centre via:
Tel: +353 61 485800
Fax: +353 61 485847