Our role in the Specialist In-Patient Unit (Hospice) at Milford Care Centre is to ensure that we provide care which helps you and your family manage your condition and any treatment of it. We aim to maximise the benefits of treatment and to help you live as well as possible with the effects of your illness.
- Spacious and purpose built, we can accommodate 30 patients in single bed rooms.
- Each bedroom has en-suite bathroom, multi channel TV and call bell facilities.
- Quiet rooms, sitting rooms and oratory for visiting family and friends.
- Restaurant available 8.30 – 4.30 Monday to Sunday.
- Light Refreshments available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Mass each morning.
- Full range of clinical and holistic services.
Admission to the Unit may be organised for you following an assessment from your GP, Hospital Consultant or Senior Nurse. An admission may be considered in order to:
- Help get difficult symptoms under control enabling you to return home feeling more comfortable (pain management).
- Rehabilitation to enable you to continue to live independently.
- Respite care to enable those close to you have a break.
- Care as your illness progresses/advances towards the end of life.
How to refer to the Specialist Palliative Care Services
- Referrals from Hospital Consultants or General Practitioners may be made by completing the National Specialist Palliative Care referral form. You can also find the form by clicking the Make a Referral option on the Top Menu of this Site. In addition, a formal referral letter may be sent to one of the Consultants in Palliative Medicine.
- Referrals can also be made by a member of the Milford Specialist Palliative Care team.
Some further information is available on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Please feel free to ring us on 061 485 800 if you require further information.
Recreational and therapeutic activities available (may not be all available for short term or respite stay). We offer different techniques that can be used alongside conventional medical care to provide comfort to our clients.