In Milford Nursing Home we take great pride that families know their loved ones will be in the best hands possible. We provide around-the-clock nursing care in a homelike setting with trained registered and licensed nurses. We promise to treat every resident with the utmost respect and dignity and strive to help them function at the highest level possible. Our goal is to make all residents as comfortable as possible for as long as possible.
We care holistically for each person in body, mind and spirit. It is our privilege and honour to be able to care for you or a member of your family. We encourage open communication at all times and are here to help.
Our residents may also attend our Day Care Centre.
Milford Nursing Home is registered by the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) and are part of the Nursing Home Support Scheme (Fair Deal).
Nursing Home Services
- 47 bed purpose built unit.
- We have single rooms or shared rooms.
- Spacious, tastefully decorated and fully furnished.
- Equipped with multi-channel televisions.
- En-suite bathrooms.
- Nurse Call bell system.
Recreational and therapeutic activities available. We offer different techniques that can be used alongside conventional medical care to provide comfort to our clients.
- Music and singing.
- Bingo, cards, Scrabble and board games.
- Recreational exercises to music.
- Art and reminiscence groups.
- Specialised bathing suites.
- Outdoor garden.
- TV Lounge.
- Large Dining Room.
- Coffee Dock.
- Ample Car Parking.
- Postal service.
- Computer and Internet Access.
- Reading room.
- Smoking room.
- Baking and knitting.
- Movie club.
- Mobile library.
- Pet therapy.
- Annual Grannyolas Concert.
- Celebrations (Positive Ageing week, Bealtaine Festival).
- Seasonal Outings.
For application enquiries please ask for the Director of Nursing through our main number 061 485800 or EMAIL US