Our Speech and Language Therapist can:
- Help you if you are having difficulty communicating or have swallowing difficulties.
- Provide you with communication aids and systems.
- Provide your family/carers with support and advice on effective communication.
- Advise other professionals who are supporting you on the best ways to help you with communication and swallowing difficulties.
- Advise and give recommendations on diet and fluids that will assist you with your swallowing.
We work closely with the multi-disciplinary team at Milford to ensure your complete care.
How do I see a Speech and Language Therapist?
We provide a service to people in the hospice in-patient unit or attending the Specialist Palliative Care Day Unit. You can be referred by any member of the multi-disciplinary team at Milford or you can ask to speak to us directly.
On discharge from the hospice in-patient unit you may be referred to the Community Speech and Language Therapy service or followed up by us in our Outpatient Clinic. The Outpatient Speech and Language Therapy clinic is held on a weekly basis in Milford Care Centre and is also available to those who are being seen by the Hospice at Home service.