The purpose of this statement is to inform you of the personal data relating to you that we collect and use in connection with this website and to help you to understand how this data is used including disclosures to third parties.
Milford Care Centre has a range of policies that relate to data protection including our Data Protection Policy. If you have any further questions about this statement, about other relevant policies or how we handle your personal data, which are not dealt with here, please get in touch by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send your request in writing to our Data Protection Lead at Milford Care Centre, Plassey Park Road, Castletroy, Limerick.
DPO Contact Details
In accordance with Article 37 of the GDPR, Milford Care Centre has appointed a Data Protection Officer. If you wish to contact our Data Protection Officer in relation to the processing of your personal data, you can do so by emailing MCCDPO@ambitcompliance.ie.
Milford Care Centre ‘we’ are the Data Controller for personal data we collect and use about you in connection with your visit to this website. We are registered with the Companies Registration Office (Companies Registration Office No. 291969), the Charities Regulatory Authority (Charities Regulator No. 20038113) and the Revenue Commissioners (CHY12761).
We take our responsibilities under applicable data protection law, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679 and the Data Protection Acts 1988- 2018, very seriously. We are committed to protecting the privacy of all who make contact with us through this website and take our responsibility regarding the security of our service users, clients and donor’s data very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we do with that information.
Collection and use of personal data
Milford Care Centre may collect information which you volunteer for example by visiting the website, emailing us, registering for events or by making a donation. This personal data may include:
- your name and contact details, including your address, phone number and email address.
- other personal data relating to you that you provide to us; and
- information that we generate about you in connection with your use of this website, such as web-browsing.
For general web-browsing certain statistical information is available to us via our internet service provider. This information may include the IP and logical address of the server you are using, the top-level domain name from which you access the internet (for example “.ie”,” com”, etc.), the type of browser you are using, the date and time you access our site and the internet address linking to our site. We may also use temporary “session” cookies which enable a visitor’s web browser to remember which pages on this website have already been visited.
The purpose of collecting information can include, and be used for:
- Responding to a query or complaint submitted via the ‘contact us’ page.
- Sending you information about our fundraising initiatives.
- Processing your data when you register with us for a fundraising event (e.g., Limerick run, 10k, Coffee Morning, Light up a Memory, etc.).
- Updating your marketing/communications preferences.
- Processing your donation (via the ‘Donate Now’ button).
- Fulfilling your order for products such as Christmas cards.
- Processing your application to volunteer with us when you email it to us.
- Reviewing your CV in relation to a job application when you email it to us.
- Processing a patient referral when it is received by us.
- Booking your course/event at our facility, processing your payment and issuing you with a receipt.
- Analysing website users’ pattern of use to help us to improve, administer and diagnose problems with our server and website.
Depending on the specific circumstance, the lawful bases on which we process your personal data are:
- Consent: We will only process your data for marketing purposes with your consent. (e.g., where you have given us permission to contact you via the ‘Donate Now’ page or send you details by email about upcoming events). For processing activities for which we rely on consent as a lawful basis, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- Legitimate Interest: we will process personal data for the legitimate interests pursued by Milford Care Centre and only where such interests do not interfere with your interests or fundamental rights. (e.g. where we communicate with you by post about events that may be relevant to you). For processing activities for which we rely on legitimate interest, you have the right to opt out at any time.
- Statutory: we will process personal data where it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations (e.g., Revenue reporting); and
- Contract: where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (e.g., where you purchase Christmas cards, or send us your CV to apply for a job).
Certain types of sensitive personal data are subject to additional protection under the GDPR. Where we process special category of data we will always have an Article 9 lawful basis under GDPR for doing so.
Security of your personal data
Milford Care Centre follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data you provide to us is protected using Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology. TLS is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
Who we may share data with?
We may disclose your information to trusted third parties for the purposes set out in our Data Protection Policy. We require all third parties to have appropriate technical and organisational security measures in place to protect your personal data, in line with data protection legislation.
In general, we do not transfer personal data outside of the EEA. However, when a validated request is made to transfer data to a third country, outside of the EEA, we will ensure adequate appropriate security mechanisms are in place such as an adequacy agreement or a standard contractual clause (SCC).
Milford Care Centre will retain your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes described above, or to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if required, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise between you and us. We will not hold your personal data for any longer than is necessary.
Individuals, referred to in GDPR as Data Subjects, have certain legal rights concerning their personal information and the manner in which it is processed by us. These include:
- the right to get access to their personal information.
- the right to request us to correct inaccurate information or update incomplete information.
- the right to request that we restrict the processing of their personal information in certain circumstances.
- the right to request the deletion of personal information but this does not include medical records.
- the right to receive the personal information you provided to us in a portable format.
- the right to object to us processing your personal information in certain circumstances.
- the right to avoid automated decision making; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission.
If you require further information or wish to exercise any of the above rights, please get in touch by emailing the Data Protection Officer at MCCDPO@ambitcompliance.ie.
In addition, the Data Protection Commission provides information in relation to your data protection rights at https://www.dataprotection.ie.
Links to Social Media
Our website includes links to our social media pages including Facebook and Twitter. Please note these social media sites are not under our control & are governed by their own privacy policies which we advise you to read. We are not responsible for the contents & practices of 3rd party privacy policies & websites. Further information about our social media activities is available in our Social Media Policy.
Links to other websites
Our website includes links to iDonate & JustGiving where you can donate to us. Similarly, a link to the Together for Hospice website is included by the Fundraising Team when promoting key events.
A link to The Palliative Hub, a website which is developed and run by the All Ireland Institute of Hospice and Palliative Care (AIIHPC) is available under Library & Research. The Education Department also promotes links to a number of literature databases, blogs and an e-learning platform all of which have been approved by the Education Team.
The payment gateway used to accept donations and payments for courses is Stripe. Credit card data is processed by Stripe and is not stored by us.
Please note that these websites are not under our control. They have their own privacy policies which we advise you to read. We are not responsible for the contents & practices of these websites however we will ensure that we have the necessary arrangements in place with them so as to be compliant with data protection legislation.
We would like you to note that CCTV monitoring is present at our location in Castletroy, Limerick. Should you attend our centre we have CCTV monitoring in place to ensure the safety & security of our service users, staff & visitors, & to protect the security of our premises. There is appropriate signage in place positioned close to the CCTV cameras. This CCTV system is managed in accordance with our CCTV Policy.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This statement and all issues regarding this website are governed exclusively by Irish law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
Changes to our Privacy Statement